Position: Adult Services Coordinator
Nature of position:
Permanent Full Time
37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday
Campbell River and District Association for Community Living (CRADACL) is a non-profit organisation whose purpose is to advocate for services and/or provide services for people with special needs, and their families, who live in the Campbell River area. We have been successfully doing so for over 60 years as one of the largest employers in the area, and one of the largest community living organisations on Vancouver Island.
CRADACL’s philosophy is based on the fundamental belief that each individual has the right to work toward achieving a quality of life that leads to self-fulfillment and meaning. The basic concept that guides us is the individual and/or family centered approach.
We have the exciting opportunity to hire for the post of Adult Services Coordinator, a senior management position; responsible and accountable for 10 programs, 7 residential groups homes and the welfare of 175 clients within the adult service. Reporting directly to the Executive Director.
An advocate for adults with developmental disabilities the coordinator plays a key role in the organisation, including oversight of day-to-day operations and long-term planning in sustaining, developing, and enhancing relationships with internal stakeholders, external and community partners.
The Adult Services Coordinator works closely with the management team to help define and implement the strategic direction of the organisation. The coordinator supervises and works in conjunction with the program supervisors to develop short-mid and long-term goals and objectives for client care, and staff development that support the mission, philosophies, and goals of CRADACL.
This position requires the ability to function independently and frequently under pressure while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines including effectively managing some emergency situations, or those which may be difficult and time sensitive.
Rate of pay: Commencing at $72500
Location: Campbell River area, 1 group home in Comox Valley
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent oral, written, computer, facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated teamwork, leadership, and supervisory skills.
• Proficient time management and organisational skills.
• General management skills at varied levels.
• Data analysis skills.
• Sound decision making ability.
• An understanding of complex scheduling requirements.
• The ability to work effectively with program staff, volunteers, and non-profit or publicly funded groups, agencies, and organisations.
• Previous experience or knowledge of persons with developmental disabilities.
• Previous experience, or knowledge with CARF, Collective Agreements and funding systems is advantageous.
• The ability to disseminate information (legal or otherwise) and apply to operational management of adult services.
• Working with union previously or having knowledge of Community Living Collective Agreement is preferred.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills:
The following statements are required, or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be accepted.
• A degree in social work, counseling or related field, or the equivalent in education and experience.
• A diploma or the equivalent in a certificate and experience in management/supervision of employees.
• At least three (3) year's previous direct program delivery experience in the adults with developmental disabilities/ housing sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of specific community-based program and related provincial and community support services systems, and applicable legislation and policy issues surrounding assigned program(s).
• Minimum five (5) years previous program management experience within the social services sector is also required.
There is an opportunity for a substantial handover and orientation for the successful candidate with the current Adult Services Coordinator.
Whilst this post predominantly works Monday-Friday 8.30am-4pm, there may be the occasional need to work outside of these hours or days due to operational needs, this may include being on-call.
This position is exempt from union membership.
Union Status: Exempt
Own Vehicle Requirements: Must have own vehicle and business insurance
Posting Date: Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday, August 17th, 2022 - 4:00 pm
Start Date: To be discussed at interview
Campbell River and District Association for Community Living subscribes to the Human Rights Code of Canada and practices fair hiring. This position is open to all applicants and requires union membership.